Wednesday, September 2, 2026

WHAT AM I REALLY DOING?

 

This is what a section of the floor looks like in my Sewing Room. 
I am choosing the fabric colors for 2 of the 5 upcoming SEWING projects. 
                                                Yes, it is a HOT MESS!  It will not stay that way.

Sunday, June 28, 2026

The books I own and YouTube are my primary sources of information as guidance for what I do: grow, sew (by hand and machine), knit, crochet, embroider (by hand and machine), garden and cook. A century ago, many women possessed these skills, they were handed down from generation to generation; not any more. Not having a friend or someone who I can seek an opinion of when I get stuck can be discouraging.

How many women do the things I do solo? I suspect many.

I have a lot of failures, when I cook, in my sewing projects and especially in my garden.  My failures are learning lessons, life lessons. 

In addition to making things, I created this blog to share my experiences. I have been blogging for over ten years. In that time, I have earned less than twenty dollars.   I considered shutting down because of the lack of subscribers and ad-based income. I did not start this blog, or any of my other blogs, to make money. 

I never wanted to write a “how to” blog, there are enough of those out there. And then it occurred to me: I need to share my journey of making stuff. This is why I write about the things I do.

This blog is my “What I do” journal. Yes, I would love to make money writing but, right now it is not monetized. I would love to post weekly but I work and craft and I am a homemaker.  What I would like for you to do, Dear Reader, is to  SUBSCRIBE, comment and share.

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Today, I edited this post. Like many crafters, not the ones you see on social media, life happens. I am trying to edit before I post and it has taken me this long to do just that. 

Let’s talk! 

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Marsha L Floyd

 





No comments:

DON'T QUIT CRAFTING

 Sunday, September 13, 2026 7:06:10 PM The purpose of this blog is not to educate but to encourage beginners to keep going. After decades of...