![]() |
| I don't wear make-up or wigs any more but I sill have this sewing machine! |
Sunday, June 28, 2026
I have books and YouTube as my primary sources of
information and I do know people who do what I do: grow, sew (by hand and
machine), knit, crochet, embroider (by hand and machine), garden and cook. A
century ago many women possessed these skills, not any more. Not having a craft
partner or someone who can help you when you get stuck can be discouraging.
How many women do the things I do solo? I suspect many.
I have a lot of failures, in my garden, in my sewing
projects and especially with cooking. I see them as learning lessons, I began
seeing myself as self-taught. I realized I also had to be self-motivated.
In addition to making things I created this blog to share my
experiences, so far I have failed at that. This morning, I was considering
shutting this blog down; if it doesn’t make sense to me it can’t make sense to
other people.
I never wanted to write a “how to” blog, there are enough of
those out there. And then it occurred to me: I need to share my journey of making
stuff.
My desire is that I will have comments in this post of other
solo makers. Unlike, YouTube, Facebook groups and the other social media sites
that I am not a part of, this blog is not dependent on algorithms, just people
sharing and talking.
NOTE: I will proceed
using an unedited journal format because, I have 3 other blogs and I am in the
middle of finishing up a carry-all bag, starting a hand sewn quilt, designing a
family tree quilt, thinking about making a quilt, gardening, and taking classes
for the upcoming tax season in addition to house chores!
Let’s talk!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Marsha L Floyd


No comments:
Post a Comment